Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #4


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke in the Bookish.
This weeks Top Ten is : Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me. This is a pretty easy one since I feel so far behind on reading the hot new books in the YA scene. 

1. Divergent by Veronica Roth - Everyone has been reading this one and had such great things to say. I love dystopia, so you would think I would have already read it but, alas, I haven't gotten around to getting a copy yet.

2. Unwind by Neal Shusterman - Another highly rated dystopia with super creepy undertones. How have I resisted this for so long? *Consults overflowing bookshelf* One more won't make a difference, right?

3. The Iron King by Julia Kagawa - I know I will fall in love with this series when I start to read it. One of these days I will just have to give in and buy the first 3 and sit in my reading chair for a whole week.

4. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - I actually have this one on my shelf but I just keep putting books on ahead of it on my list.

5. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Too much on my plate to buy this series right now, but so many people seem to like it that I want to jump on the Vampire Academy train.

6. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson - Why oh why has this not been released in trade paperback. I have the other two in paperback and I refuse to buy it in hardcover because they MUST match.

7. Firelight by Sophie Jordan - Humans that shapeshift into dragons? How awesome does that sound?

8. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - Such a clever premise, with extemely high ratings as most of Maria V. Snyder's books are.

9. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce - I love fairytale retellings and this one has been begging to be read.

10. Fateful by Claudia Gray - I don't really think everyone has read this book, but I'm pretty much jealous of anyone who has.

21 comments:

  1. Divergent is totally fabulous. When you get a chance to grab it, go for it. :D

    I have The Iron King on my list, too. I'd had a couple "meh" experiences with other books about fae right when it was releasing, but now I'm tempted to give it a try.

    I didn't think to list Sisters Red but that's had my attention for a while, too.

    Firelight is going to get red next month. I'm on a bit of a contemporary YA kick at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely read Vampire Academy. I love the series. I haven't read Divergent either - although I want to soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent Divergent Divergent! I love that book so much. It's easily my favorite book of 2011. You must read it asap! :) The Iron Fey series and the VA series are on my list as well.

    Sophia
    My Top Ten :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. DIVERGENT's on my list too. And THE BOOK THIEF should be. I juuust read FATEFUL last week and loved it. The heroine is great, feisty but period-appropriately so. It has a fantastic voice! I really like the Vampire Academy series too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Top Ten Tuesday, I definitly suggest reading Divergent right away. I have read Sister Red and it was awesome. =] I bought Iron King and Vampire Academy and need to read them both. I am reading Fateful right now and it is really good so far. Also want to read other books on your list as well. New Follower. =]
    Here is my Tuesday meme post, Teaser Tuesday. =]
    http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/2011/09/teaser-tuesday8-fateful-by-claudia-gray.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. A bunch of these are in my TBR pile! Divergent in particular! I just finished the Vampire Academy series and I loved it! Firelight was one I've also read recently and I liked it well enough! And I loved the Iron Fey series! It was good! The rest of these I haven't read either!

    My Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read Divergent! I loved Vampire Academy :)


    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray! I'm not alone in the world for not reading the Book Thief yet! LOL.
    I've read and loved Divergent and the Iron King.

    Here's mine: The Blair Book Project Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  9. While I finally read the first book in the Vampire Academy series, I have a long way to go on finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divergent is showing up on a lot of lists, including mine. I loved The Book Thief!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely agreed, never thought of the Book Theif, but that's on my TBR list, and so is Divergent. I know what you mean about VA too, I want to read it, but there are so many books to read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If it makes you feel better, I haven't read any of these either.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Divergent is a really great book! Once I started reading it, I really could not put it down until I reached the end.

    The Iron King, Vampire Academy and The Book Thief are also on my list. I've really got to get around to reading them too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Iron King & the Dragon Tattoo series are the only ones on your list I've read. They are both worth it. The others are on my To Read wish list or shelf just waiting for time.

    Top Ten http://t.co/NPJUk2vl
    Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Divergent is amazing! As everyone keeps telling you, haha. Firelight does sound really good.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  16. From these I've read only 3: The Book Thief (amazing, stop postponing reading it) Unwind (also amazing) & Firelight, which I enjoyed a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unwind is unforgettable. Highly recommended. Divergent is good as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your list! Other than Unwind (and, well, the Milennium Trilogy which you know about), I've read everything on your list, and you totally have some of my favourites there!

    Vampire Academy is totally awesome, but with the 6 books + 1 of the companion series, I can see where it'd be a big commitment! Divergent, you totally need to read, and I just read/reviewed Fateful which was just enchanting.

    Thank you for stopping by, and I'm following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. one three and four, I am most familiar with. check out my list at http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who hasn't read DIVERGENT! LOL Looks like you have some good reading ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!