Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Blog Hops #5


 Participating in Follow Friday at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read is a great way to find new blogger friends and rediscover old ones! I always enjoy reading the answers to follow friday questions. This week's question is:
Do you have a favorite series that you read over and over again? Tell us a bit about it and why you keep on revisiting it?




What a great question. At this point in my life, I've been really busy reading new books, so going back to ones I've already read isn't a top priortiy. However, I have reread a few series, but my most favorite one would have to be the The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop. I really wish more people would read this one. It is an adult fantasy set in a really harsh yet beautiful land. The characters are all morally in a state of grey. You never know what's going to happen. It follows a lot of the classic epic fantasy lines, but I think Anne Bishop writes all her characters so well, that it is easy to come back to and read again when the mood strikes you.


8 comments:

  1. Hi, old follower here for the hop. I haven't read this series, thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Izzy and I'm stopping by for Follow Friday. I've never heard of the Black Jewels series, but it looks very interesting!

    Izzy @ My Words Ate Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG YES! I love those books! =) I've definitely re-read them a few times. I wasn't a fan of the other books written in this universe, but I do love Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopping through. I've heard great things about Anne Bishop. I should pick her books up some day.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Just following through. This isn't a series I have heard of, Ill have to check it out

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going back and re-reading books isn't really a priority for me either, especially because I'm such a slow reader that the number of books I read is limited as it is. I'm going to have to check out this series, it sounds good! So glad you joined the October paranormal reading challenge, it's great to have you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've heard of the Black Jewels Trilogy but never actually picked one up. Might need to check it out next time I'm in the bookstore :) An adult fantasy might actually be a great change from the YA I've been reading so much of recently.
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently got a copy of the first in this series; I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!