Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Blog Hops #6



It's Friday so that means it is time for Feature and Follow Friday hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee. I absolutely love this week's question: What book that hasn't been turned into a movie (yet) would you most like to see make it to the big screen, and who would you like cast as your favorite character?



I love movies very much. About as much as I love books, so for the most part, I love seeing books turned into something great on the silver screen. I have thought about what would make a good movie quite often actually.

Darkfever (The Fever Series) by Karen Marie Moning: I may have only read the first in this series so far, but I know it would make a great movie. As far as who to cast, I'm not too sure for Mac because I am not familiar with teen actors these days, but as far as Jericho Barrons is concerned, I've had a few potential players flash through my mind. Either Julian McMahon or Oded Fehr (now that I think of it they were both on Charmed . Truly a coincidence there). Now you can't deny these are some seriously sexy mysterious men, perfect to play Jericho.


P.S. It seems that this might be a movie in the making. Darkfever does have an IMDB page that says it is in development for 2013, so I will keep my fingers crossed!

Check out this week's feature blogs The Bookaholic and Starcrossed.

Over at Crazy for Books, there is another good question for the Book Blogger hop: “In honor of Banned Books Week, what is your favorite “banned or frequently challenged book”?”



Aside from Hunger Games, which is awesome and really one of my favorite books, I would like to mention Brave New World. I think this book was amazing. It was one of the originally dystopian books and I think even though the ideas in Brave New World are absolutely crazy, some of Huxley's predictions of society are oddly similar to how things are today. I suppose you have to be a pessimist like me to see it this way, though.

13 comments:

  1. Hopping through. I'd love to see the Fever series as movie. I think the guy on the left is the best Barrons.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't pick a favorite from the ALA list. So I listed the ones I've read. Hunger Games and Brave New World are on there. Please come see what they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read those, but those guys look hot. ;) Ahahaa!

    Happy Friday!

    My FF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first one and aren't sure I want to go on further. Mac drove me nuts. People keep saying that she gets better though. Nice choices for casting Barrons.

    Happy follow friday!

    Tania @ Wandering Hues

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hunger Games is so popular today! I picked this one too! Great choice =)

    Bdw, you a pretty blog, I really like it.

    I hope you can visit My Hops

    I'm a New Follower,
    April at Books4Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man you had to choose one of my favorite series of all time. They better cast someone hot to play JZB. Your choices are interesting. Here's my FF:

    http://livredeamour-booksoflove.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-thursfriday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read the series but have heard of the author. New follower (as soon as the GFC widget shows up again lol)
    My hop: FollowFriday
    Happy Fridaaay

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh yes, Hunger Games is going to be all over the bloggers choice today, lol
    http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with your choice of Brave New World - such a great dystopian novel with important themes for all readers (and yes, Hunger Games is also fantastic)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! just blogging by.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/book-bologger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been meaning to get around to A Brave New World for forever. I'm glad you liked it so much! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower from FF here, wishing you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Follow Friday! :) I want to pick up the Darkfever series, totally.

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!