Saturday, September 17, 2011

In My Mailbox #6

(Hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren)


Mail Call! I like IMM because it actually reminds me of the books I have. Sometimes I open packages, place the books on the shelf and then kind of forget them for awhile. It happens when your to read shelf looks like this:


There is only so much one can do to organize that chaos. I get a lot of flak from the DH about it. Anywho, I am taking a break from buying books because I have become an obsessive compulsive book hoarder. So for my potentially last IMM for awhile, here's what I got (all from bookswap again because I'm still a newbie and afraid to contact publishers)


Changeless by Gail Carriger
Blameless by Gail Carriger
I haven't read Soulless yet (shame on me) so I haven't really read any blurbs because I don't want to ruin the surprise. I still pretty much have no idea what these are about but I am sure hoping they are good.
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink
Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
A dark, victorian, paranormal tale. Sounds interesting.


Don't Breathe a Word by Jenniefer McMahon
Another genre bender. Mystery, fantasy, creepy thriller rolled into one. Hope it lives up to my expectations.
Nerd Do Well by Simon Pegg
I don't read memoirs that often, but when I saw this one by Simon Pegg of Shaun of the Dead fame, I had to check it out. I hope it is as funny as Tina Fey's Bossypants. Oh and, hey, you got some red on you.
Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney
My first historical fantasy, yay!

So that's what came in my mailbox this past week, and sadly there is nothing en route right now :(. Cheer me up by commenting! Which one of these should I read next?

4 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these, with the exception of Soulless, Changeless and Blameless. Not read them either, but their on my to be read list and I can't wait to get to them.

    Here's my IMM: http://krweinert.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-002.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Prophecy of Sisters from BEA years ago, but have yet to read it! I don't know why, cause it looks great. *New follower!* :)

    My IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some good books this week. I hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought Souless, Changeless, etc a couple of weeks ago and haven't started them yet, but am excited to when I get time.

    I think we are long-lost sisters because I also love the following: Shaun of the Dead, Bossypants, Simon Pegg and Tina Fey! I have Pegg's book on my wish list, but haven't bought it yet. Can't wait to see what you think of it!

    I noticed you were hesitant to contact publishers (I am too), but I have been doing Netgalley and Galley Grab and have gotten more than enough ARC's to keep me busy.

    If you haven't started with them yet and need help, let me know.

    Love your blog design!

    Steph
    Steph's Stacks

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!