Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #3 : Sequels I'm Dying to Read!


Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's topic:
Top 10 sequel's that you are dying to read! I think this might be a little more difficult for me to be honest. I have been shying away from starting new series lately because I hate waiting around for sequels. I am not sure I can think of 10 this week but here goes.

1. Perception by Kim Harrington sequel to Clarity - Clare was such an awesome character and I loved how everything fit together so well in Clarity that I have to find out what else happens. (Glad there wasn't a cliffhanger ending. I hate those.)

2. A Million Suns by Beth Revis sequel to Across the Universe - The first one was just so darn exciting, this is one adventure that I didn't want to end. I dig the scifi space stuff.

3. The Weed that Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley sequel to The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - This one has been out for a bit, but I've only recently read the first. Glad to know I have two more to look forward to after this one!

4. Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting sequel to The Body Finder - I thought this was such a unique premise that I really want to read more of Violet's abilities. I guess I kind of like a little of that thriller/mystery mixed with the paranormal. 

5. Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning sequel to Darkfever - I need, need, need to get this book. Like now.

6. Crossed by Ally Condie sequel to Matched -  I litereally just finished Matched and I am in one of those moods where I want to punch something because I need the next book. Not necessarily because the first was so awesome, but more like, why did you do this to me?!









So those are all my picks for this week. Leave a comment with a link to your top ten Tuesday so I can check out some other great sequels!

10 comments:

  1. I really liked Matched while I was reading it, and was also itching to read the sequel asap. But overall, I liked Delirium better- in terms of dystopian YA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read Matched and Across the Universe, but I guess they're not my cup of tea, although I still do want to read their respective sequels.

    I might give Clarity and The Body Finder series a go at.

    Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten. Totally following you back! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very anxious for Perception to come out and it made my list too. Will also be reading Crossed when it is released. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i still need to read clarity but i love the cover of perception. awesome list :)

    i hope you can stop by and check out my top ten list this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've reminded me of a bunch I need to check out, thanks! I had so much trouble coming up with my ten, but then I'm hopping around and everyone reminds me of another one I forgot. By the time I'm done, I think my TBR list will be twice as long =/ Ah well, that's a good thing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun choices. I actually just finished Crossed. I didn't like it quite as much as Matched, but I thought it was still interesting. I liked Desires of the Dead, too. It was creepy but good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested for A Million Suns to see where the whole story is going! There's a few on your list I don't know, I'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for A Million Suns & Crossed. I really like the sci-fi thing too. I need more sci-fi YA. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im definitely excited for A Million Suns and Crossed as well :D

    Its nice to have sequels to look forward to that are already out isn't it.


    My Top Tenthis week

    Amy @ Turn the Page

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to read "Matched", might just wait for "Crossed" to be released first so I can read it straight after each other.

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!