Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was originally started because of their love for lists. Who doesn't like making lists? I know I do, so I decided to join in this week.
This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books on my TBR pile for this fall. I haven't been lucky enough to get any ARC's lately so I don't have anything super new on my shelves. However, I still have some oldies and (hopefully) goodies that I am looking forward to reading in the upcoming months.
1. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - I'm picturing a female James Bond character who is surrounded by paranormal creatures (MERMAIDS TOO!!). Glad I broke down and got this one.2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I am first and foremost an epic fantasy lover. I haven't had the time to get into another long series (especially one that isn't finished yet) but I really want to get to this one soon.
3. Looking for Alaska by John Green - I've heard great things about John Green's work, and this one in particular. I am excited to read a realistic YA book with a male perspective; not a common find.
4. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - I'm hoping for something light, funny, and unique. I have high hopes for this one.
5. Matched by Ally Condie - I want to read every dystopian I can. I am more likely to enjoy a non realistic/contemporary ya novel and this one has been calling to me for awhile now.
6. Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist - I won this ARC and not only do I need to read and review it, but I love these types of books too. Ever since Stieg Larsson and the Millennium trilogy exploded, the US has had an influx of Scandinavian authors making their way up the charts. I enjoy a good thriller any day.
7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - I know, I know. How can I even be sitting here right now if I haven't read Graceling yet. I'm getting to it, I promise.
9. Blood Red Road by Moira Young - Another dystopian that just came out. Can't wait to dive into this one. It has received many good reviews.
10. Soulless by Gail Carriger - This one has been hiding behind some other books and I forgot I had it. It happens I guess when you are always in book shopping spree mode.