Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #2



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It was originally started because of their love for lists. Who doesn't like making lists? I know I do, so I decided to join in this week.


This Week's Topic:
Top Ten Books on my TBR pile for this fall. I haven't been lucky enough to get any ARC's lately so I don't have anything super new on my shelves. However, I still have some oldies and (hopefully) goodies that I am looking forward to reading in the upcoming months.

1. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White - I'm picturing a female James Bond character who is surrounded by paranormal creatures (MERMAIDS TOO!!). Glad I broke down and got this one.2. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss - I am first and foremost an epic fantasy lover. I haven't had the time to get into another long series (especially one that isn't finished yet) but I really want to get to this one soon.

3. Looking for Alaska by John Green - I've heard great things about John Green's work, and this one in particular. I am excited to read a realistic YA book with a male perspective; not a common find.

4. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray - I'm hoping for something light, funny, and unique. I have high hopes for this one.

5. Matched by Ally Condie - I want to read every dystopian I can. I am more likely to enjoy a non realistic/contemporary ya novel and this one has been calling to me for awhile now.

6. Harbor by John Ajvide Lindqvist - I won this ARC and not only do I need to read and review it, but I love these types of books too. Ever since Stieg Larsson and the Millennium trilogy exploded, the US has had an influx of Scandinavian authors making their way up the charts. I enjoy a good thriller any day.

7. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - I know, I know. How can I even be sitting here right now if I haven't read Graceling yet. I'm getting to it, I promise. 
 
8. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan - Zombies!?!?! That is all.

9. Blood Red Road by Moira Young - Another dystopian that just came out. Can't wait to dive into this one. It has received many good reviews.

10. Soulless by Gail Carriger - This one has been hiding behind some other books and I forgot I had it. It happens I guess when you are always in book shopping spree mode.


2 comments:

  1. You are going to have an awesome fall! I have read most of the books on your list. I must warn you, Going Bovine is not really light. It is hilarious at times and totally strange (in a good way). Loved Paranormalcy (and Supernaturally), all things John Green are amazing and Carrie Ryan is the queen of zombies in my opinion. Loved Blood Red Road as well.
    Here is my list http://wp.me/pzUn5-yg

    ReplyDelete

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!