Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bossypants by Tina Fey

I had high expectations of this book. And in no way was I disappointed. I picked up this book early in the afternoon and finished in the evening. I laughed out loud multiple times at Tina Fey's hilarity. If you are a fan of hers, then you will most definitely enjoy this book. I thoroughly enjoyed the behind the scenes look at SNLand 30 Rock (which was a majority of the book), but the best part was learning about Tina Fey growing up in Pennsylvania; to living in Chicago and working in improv; and then finally her big break in NYC writing for SNL. Tina really embraces who she is and how she became the boss in a man's world. It is a must read for any Tina Fey fan just to find out all the funny things she has to say (and to learn the story of her meeting Sarah Palin).

From when Tina was doing a photo shoot:

"Do I worry about overly retouched photos giving women unrealistic expectations and body image issues? I do. I think that we will soon see a rise in anorexia in women over seventy. Because only people over seventy are fooled by Photoshop."

"I feel about Photoshop the way some people feel about abortion. It is appalling and a tragic reflection on the moral decay of our society…unless I need it, in which case, everybody be cool."


The quote that pretty much sums up most of the book:

"By the way, when Oprah Winfrey is suggesting you may have overextended yourself, you need to examine your fucking life."

Rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love getting comments from you guys so take the time and show some love.

Thanks!